This morning I was feeling inspired and filled with Easter spirit so created a Hot Cross bun loaf with my recent purchase of some 'Mt Uncle's Green Banana Flour'.
I added all of my favourite ingredients that I love about hot cross buns- Spice and Sultanas.
Paleo Hot Cross Bun Loaf
3/4 cup green banana flour
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 bananas - mashed
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/2 cup sultanas
1 tbsp additional sultanas for top
1 extra large egg (70g). I would used two eggs if you have small ones.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Line a loaf tin with baking paper
3. In a large bowl mash bananas. Mix in unsweetened apple sauce, sultanas and egg
4. In another bowl combine banana flour, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg
5. Tip dry ingredients into mashed banana mix and stir well to ensure combines
6. Pour into loaf tin. Sprinkle some additional sultanas on top and bake for 45minutes
7. Serve warm as is or with butter